Olov Johansson & Catriona McKay · Swedish Nyckelharpa and Scottish Harp
- 1st Class to Glasgow (Olov Johansson)
- Rain/Ekoln (Olov Johansson)
- Höök (Trad)
- The Dundee Law Set(Trad)
- Mr. Fish(Olov Johansson)
- Stout’s trip/Olov’s Polska(Catriona McKay)
- Astrids Vals (Olov Johansson)
- The Harper’s Dismissal (Trad)
- Early Sun Polska(Catriona McKay)
- Byss-Calle Vals (Trad)
- In the Castle (Olov Johansson)
- Toker/Korrö (Olov Johansson)
- The Foogy set (Catriona McKay/Olov Johansson)
We met for the first time in Stockholm 2002 to share a concert with our bands, Väsen from Sweden and Shetland-based Fiddlers’ Bid. Backstage before the concert Catriona asked Olov,“Do you know this one?” and played Eric Sahlström’s Spelmansglädje, the most played Nyckelharpa tune ever! We both really enjoyed the sound and the music we made together and that created a desire to further explore this collaboration.
We didn’t get a chance to do so until a few years ago at the Celtic Connections ’07 concert, Fiddlers’ Bid International. Since then we have met regularly and after a very fun tour in Sweden 2008 we decided to make this recording.
Come and join us on our exploration of traditional and new music from Scotland and Sweden, meet our way of making music and experience the soud of the Scottish Harp and the Nyckelharpa. Welcome to Foogy!